Skip to main content

We are in process of configuring backup for NDMP volumes that is configured with snapvault.

We are planning to configure backup for those volumes as windows CIFS backup.

First copy : “primary snap” that will create a snapshot on the source. (Intellisnap enabled)

second copy : AUX copy will be triggered that will replicate the snapshots to snapvault target

Third copy : Backup copy to disk library ( source copy : snapshot on the snapvault target)

Fourth copy : selective full to tapes  ( source copy : third copy)

My query is, since second copy will be vault/replica copy to replicate the snapshots to snapvault target.

Do I need to configure Full backup or Incremental is supported ?

I tested a backup with daily Incremental schedule and Synth full schedule weekly once. and noticed AUX copy did not ran for that subclient for incremental backups. However, If I trigger a manual full backup , vault/replica copy runs fine.

If I try to run AUX copy manually for Incremental backups, it says no new jobs to run.

If, only Full is supported for vault/replica copy, it would mean during backup copy to disk, it will run a full backup every day.

Can someone please help me confirm if Incremental is supported for Vault/replica copy  ?

I am not sure if I am missing something here.

Additionally, my understanding is synth full is not supported for NDMP but it is supported for windows CIFS backup . Is this correct ?

Missed to add, commserve is at CV version 11.32 

There was issue with the configuration with the storage policy copy for Vault/replica copy .Found the copy type was selective due to which only full snaps were getting copied.

Changing the copy to synchronous has resolved the issue.