Question

Live Sync: Prioritize replication of full backups

• 10 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
We currently have Virtual Machines replicating with Live Sync, Full is executed and then incremental, my question is, is there a way to prioritize that the Full backups are copied first and then the incremental ones, we see that it does not replicate the full VMs first, if not It seems that it prioritizes smaller VMs.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I do not believe there is any current way to prioritize the jobs within an AUX copy.  I have looked for the same thing in the past.  From what I have seen the AUX copies will just try to copy as many jobs as it can based on the job stream count.

I would love to know how the AUX copy decides what jobs to copy first.  They do not see to be in Job ID order either.

Looking forward to what CV has to say.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@Juanpa25 

When the full backup runs the live sync will run after backups gets completed, after that when incremental run it will perform the live sync accordingly.

the process is same after each backup ( doesn't matter if it’s full or incremental )

We can configure the Live sync group where we give the precedence.

Until the respective copies are not completed the live sync won’t work. 

If you have selected Aux copy in above snip shown so until the AUX copy is completed the live sync won’t work.

So to answer your query there is no way to prioritize first Full and then incremental.

Do suggest if you have further query.