Skip to main content

i am trying to do a running merger of two  vcenter clients in commvault.
the issue is that both a live right now, and the move of vms/datacenters will take a lot of time (another team is doing that)

the vcenters are called Vcenter1 (old) and Vcenter2 (new)

my initial plan was to simply recreate all the backupsets from the old vcenter including all the filters, settings etc. on the new vcenter, that way backup would catch newly moved entities “automatic”  but that does not seem to be possible since we filter the content of each backupsets/subclient by the “datacenter” attribute,  which requires that the new datacenter is browseable from the new vcenter. (which it wont be until migration starts for that particular datacenter. so i am struggling to find a way to stay ahead of the curve.
is there any way to clone contents (backupsets/subclients of vcenter1 “1:1” into vcenter2 ?
except for naming, the configuration of both follow the same pattern.
i have been looking into the “clone_subclient_template.xml” but that doesn’t look to do what i want it to.

https://store.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/store.do#!/136/673/20274

This workflow is for moving from V1 to V2, but it’s essentially cloning an existing Virtualization client to a second Virtualization client.  I imagine this might potentially help.

Thanks,
Scott