Skip to main content
Question

Need help in vm periodic replication

• 5 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi 

We have two site main DC and DR site and I want to replicate a vm from DC to DR and we have mediaagent on both site.

What is happening right now is when replication happen it first take backup (dedupe) and then restore from backup to DR site and while restoring process full vm original size and it is choking the bandwidth

Then i take the call with support and he suggested to check the “replicate using secondary copy option” and choose DR mediaagent as storage in secondary copy

Now when replication trigger it first take backup in main DC site then aux copy trigger from DC  to DR site then replication happen but it still restoring the vm from main DC not DR.

Can anyone help here?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hello @Deepak Dhiman 

Thanks for the great question and details.

I have set this configuration up a few times my self and you need to make sure you have setup the correct copy precedence to be the secondary copy in the restore job. 

This setup should work if configured correctly and may need a new support ticket to go over it once more. 

Kind regards

Albert Williams

Badge +1

It is resolved now, issue was replication from aux copy was going on from source access node. we change it to destination access node then it was working fine

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hello @Deepak Dhiman 

Please mark this thread as answered.

Kind regards

Albert Williams